Football at the Inn! NFL football returns the world to normal (for a certain segment that is) this week and here's everything you need to know about what it means here at the Carson Valley Inn!
- Watching the Games: We show all NFL games and you can catch ‘em on the Cabaret Lounge HD big screen; many of the three dozen HD flatscreens around the casino bar area, table games area and CV Steak Bar; and in the Poker Room.
- Betting the Games: In addition to straight betting, we also offer weekly parlay cards, teaser cards and super teaser cards which all come out Wednesday afternoon. We also have a weekly Pro Pick'Em Progressive Jackpot parlay card out on Tuesdays where pickin’ them all can turn $5 into $2,500 or more.
- Monday Night Football in the Cabaret Lounge: Drawings each week for merchandise such as NFL hats, CVI logo shirts, Budweiser items and more. Each Monday you can also qualify for the December 28 drawing for a Bud Light Ultimate Tailgate Package including a BBQ Grill, Costco Gift Certificate, Bud Light Easy-Up Canopy, four cases of Bud beer and some Bud Light T-Shirts, Hats and promo items.
- Poker Room Football Grid: We give away a free $120 each week – get your name on a square by making a hand of any Full House or higher in a live action game during the week before each Monday Night NFL Game. Check the details posted in the Poker Room.
- Satisfying the Football Munchies and Thirst: Glued to the game and don’t want to get up? Made-to-order Football Munchies are available with delivery right to your table or bar stool! $2 Bud and Bud Light Draft is also available at the casino bar during all NFL games.
- We Won't Be Beating the Drums: So you can enjoy the games, our live entertainment takes a break on Sunday and Monday nights during the NFL season.
Austinpalooza this Friday in TJ’s Corral The Fifth Annual Austinpalooza sponsored by GE's Bently Nevada and the Carson Valley Inn is this Friday, September 11 from 5 to 10 p.m. in TJ's Corral. Here’s a quick course in Austinpalooza 101:
- What is Austinpalooza? It’s a festival of bands started in 2011 from an idea developed by a GE Bently Nevada executive who sat on the Austin's House board. He wanted to create an event that would raise money, provide community fun and involve GE employees. After three years at local restaurants and bars, the Austinpalooza was moved to TJ's Corral in 2014 so that even more people could enjoy the bands and more money could be raised for Austin's House.
- Which Groups Are Appearing? The evening's nonstop entertainment will be provided by Miki Rae, The Engineered Disaster, Seymour's Trick Bag and Lavish Green.
- Sounds Good, How Much to Get In? No tickets are necessary and no admission will be charged. However, donations will be appreciated at the door and all monies raised will go directly to benefit Austin’s House, the only Emergency Children’s Center in Northern Nevada.
- Will There Be Any Food or Beverages Available to Buy? You bet! The bar will be open the whole time and two food trucks are scheduled to provide options for eating: Nevada Nosh (Classic Americana tasty treats) and Los Caporales (Authentic Mexican Cuisine).
- OK, I’m Interested. Tell Me More.
- 15 year old Miki Rae is a singer/songwriter whose lyrics focus on the different opinions of love, the troubles of the youth and the idea of hope. This young artist strives to inspire others through her musical works.
- The Engineered Disaster (TED) is comprised of six engineers employed at GE Bently Nevada. The group specializes in classic rock.
- Seymour's Trick Bag is a rock quartet of current and former GE employees. The original lead singer is the former Chief Financial Officer of GE Bently Nevada and he is flying in from Boston just to support the Austinpalooza.
- Both TED and Seymour's Trick Bag offer their services at no charge for significant events of either a fund-raising or GE company nature.
- Lavish Green is a quartet of Carson Valley natives who describe themselves as "bound
- Pistachio Productions (Derek McCreavy and Ed Colling) is providing full concert staging, sound and lighting for the Austinpalooza.
- The common bond between all of the performers and production staff is simple: They are all providing their services at no charge so that every dollar raised at the Austinpalooza can go directly to Austin's House and benefit the children that this facility serves.
- What is Austin’s House All About? Austin's House provides emergency shelter and compassionate care for children who have been removed from their home due to abuse or neglect. They stay until they are either reunited with their family or an appropriate long term placement is made. Under the guidance of the placement agency, Austin's House supports each child's educational, health, and emotional needs while striving to keep them in the school they attended before being placed at Austin's House.
Lee BriceThe Jagermeister Presents Lee Brice tour is getting closer to Minden and his live concert date in TJ's Corral on Friday, September 18. If you are a Facebook user, you can follow his almost daily posts from each tour location at this link. Don't have your tickets yet? As of today we still have some tickets available in all three areas: Reserved Seating, Lee's Party Pit (center stage standing ) and General Admission (standing ). Get all the information and order tickets at this link and please act soon. It's entirely possible that by next week, when we post our blog on Wednesday morning to tell you all the details of the concert, it may be too late to buy tickets. So, after you finish reading this blog, get your tickets through our website, at our Hotel Desk or by calling 775-783-6606. Lee and his band are performing in all 50 states during 2015 - check out the short video above.
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! Rob West performs tonight, Just Us entertains Thursday thru Saturday nights, NFL Football commandeers the Cabaret Lounge on Sunday and Monday Nights and George Pickard takes the stage next Tuesday and Wednesday. Country music singer/songwriter Rob West currently performs mostly throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and we are pleased to have him at the CVI! Just Us is a unique group of musicians who decided to blend together the sounds of the Motor City and Oakland, CA to develop "Sweet, Grown & Sexy" sounds - music from the 60’s to the present. George Pickard is an accomplished performer, believable impressionist, captivating entertainer and successful song writer. He co-wrote What Did You Do with Your Old Forty Fives for Bobby Vinton and was also one of the Kingsmen (Louie, Louie) for a while.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive a free gift and coupon for tonight's ladies-only drink special. There are also ladies-only raffles and hot seat drawings for Blue Cow Gift Baskets.
- Venison Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Roasted Rack of Venison with Cherry Brandy Demi for $32.00. Saturday night its Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All of these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Reminder: We’re giving away Two Harleys this month, and we encourage you to check out the nightly dinner specials in Katie's at this link, the Sharkey's Sunday through Thursday specials at this link and Sharkey’s Friday and Saturday night special at this link.
- Race and Sports Book: This week you can watch and bet Horseracing, Major League Baseball games, NFL and College Football, and this Saturday night’s Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Race.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It: Today is Wonderful Weirdos Day – So many clever and cutting remarks came to mind but they all wound up on the Blog Cutting Room Floor (bet you didn’t know there was such a place!) Friday is Patriot Day – a good time to seriously reflect on the way our nation was rocked on 9-11-01. Sunday is Grandparents Day – look around, need we say more!