Lee Brice Concert Sold Out! Should be one heckuva party this Friday night at the Jagermeister Presents Lee Brice concert with a sold-out crowd, great weather predicted, and Lee’s Nevada Notoriety skyrocketing since he was announced as part of the Daytime Village lineup at the iHeartRadio Music Festival this Saturday in Las Vegas! Since many of you attending the concert also read our blog, we hope you take a minute to look through the following so that you can be ready to enjoy the concert in the most comfortable manner:
- If you have tickets to pick up at Will-Call (opens at 4 p.m. at TJ’s Corral entrance), please make sure you have a driver’s license or other valid picture ID (nothing homemade, please). We want to make sure that the correct tickets get to the correct people so we’re going to be quite diligent!
- There will be no re-entry this Friday so please bring your jackets, sweaters, medicine, sunscreen, cash, credit card, cigarettes (only in the designated area, please), blankets for the grass area, etc. when you first enter.
- Please do not bring any pets, chairs, glassware, bottles, or drones (yep, happened once last year and the artist was ready to shut down the concert).
- We 're starting earlier than previous concerts: The doors open at 6 p.m. and the concert starts at 7 p.m..
- We'll see you Friday rain or shine . . . although that should not be a problem because the weather forecast is quite good for this Friday!
- Please bring cash or use the ATM machine in the casino prior to entering TJ’s Corral. We will be equipped to accept credit cards at the TJ’s Corral bars, but there will be a surcharge for each transaction. So, our advice is go back to Plan A and bring cash.
- Lee Brice . . .
- Attended Clemson University on a football scholarship and played on some special teams as the long snapper.
- Wrote Eli Young Band’s hit song “Crazy Girl,” the Billboard year-end top country song of 2011.
- Wrote Garth Brooks’ “More Than a Memory,” the first single in the history of the Billboard Hot Country Songs to debut at #1.
|View of Hawaii from Sharkey's Roof (Just Kidding)|
Last 2015 Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk this Week! Sharkey’s Casino will again participate in the Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk from 4 to 7 PM this Thursday. Hawaiian is the theme for the finale of this summer series of monthly community social gatherings sponsored by Main Street Gardnerville. Be sure to register for the Wine Walk starting at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at either Big Daddy's Bicycle Shop near the Minden-Gardnerville line or at the Town of Gardnerville office across the street and two blocks south of Sharkey's. Come dressed in your version of Hawaiian apparel and stop by Sharkey's Jackpot Café before or after the wine walk for Thursday's $7.99 Hawaiian Beef Stroganoff Special! (What? I guess we got a little overzealous – it’s really just regular Beef Stroganoff!) As for the Hawaii picture, it was taken by one of our vacationing employees on Maui earlier this week!
Reno Airport Shuttle Service Extended! Good news from our friends at Amador Stage Lines who run the Carson Valley Airporter – the contract for this scheduled shuttle service between the Carson Valley and Reno Tahoe International Airport has been extended for at least one more year! The Carson Valley Airporter is an excellent way to bypass the expense of parking your car while you’re gone for more than a few days . . . and a convenient way to get to the CVI after flying into Reno!
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! George Pickard performs tonight, the Josh Budro Band entertains Thursday, the John Dawson Band rocks the Cabaret stage on Friday and Saturday nights, NFL Football takes control on Sunday and Monday Nights and John Palmore appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. Vocalist, song writer and guitarist Josh Budro started singing and writing songs about life experiences when he was in high school. While maintaining a love for the old country music he grew up on (Waylon, Willie, Hank, Merle) Josh and his band are definitely true country rock and roll. The John Dawson Band is a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to play music and entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. John Palmore is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other artists.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive a free gift and coupon for tonight's ladies-only drink special. There are also ladies-only raffles and hot seat drawings for World Market Gift Baskets.
- Penny Progressive Jackpot: Seems like just a few weeks ago we announced the big $99,000 Penny Progressive winner. After the jackpot reset to $500 it has quietly climbed up to almost $12,000!
- Chef's Choice Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Chef's Choice, Saturday night its Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Race and Sports Book:
- This week you can watch and bet Horseracing, Major League Baseball games, NFL and College Football, and Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup myafibrisk.com 400.
- As for the opening week NFL games, the crew in our sports book put it very succinctly, “there were a lot of surprises!” A few popularly bet teams not only didn’t cover but lost (Seahawks, Colts and Eagles for example) and one particular underdog (Forty Niners!) not only won but played surprisingly well. With so many surprises,the PRO PK’EM jackpot went unclaimed and it climbs to $2,665 on this week’s Progressive Parlay Card.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It:
- This Thursday is International Country Music Day and we're definitely in the spirit with country groups Josh Budro Band (Thursday) and the John Dawson Band (Friday and Saturday) in the Cabaret Lounge and country star Lee Brice in TJ's Corral Friday night.
- Here's a good one: this Friday is Cheeseburger Day (we serve them in Katie's at the CVI, the Jackpot Café in Sharkey's Casino and the restaurant at Bodines Casino) followed by just what the doctor ordered to cure the cheeseburger binge, International Eat an Apple Day on Saturday!
- Sunday is Wife Appreciation Day - ironic since Sunday is also the day many men direct their attention to their wives only when she stands between themselves and the TV with the football games.