Raise Your Hand if you and your family of four have been invited to someone's house for Thanksgiving dinner and told you don't have to bring anything, the complete dinner will be provided, they want you to come early to watch football and not even participate in the preparation. Hmm, not very many hands went up. Now, raise your hand if you're still trying to figure out what to do about Thanksgiving dinner and you really don't want to go through all the shopping, cleaning, cutting, slicing, cooking etc. but, you'd still like to have a nice home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner served for your family and friends on your dining room table and leftovers the next day! Aha, a lot more hands went up! As you might imagine – because we never would've brought it up if this weren't the case – we have a solution: order one of our Thanksgiving Turkey Dinners To Go for up to 10 people for just $89 and all you have to worry about is inviting a few friends, setting the table, serving the food, and cleaning up afterwards. Sound a lot simpler? You bet it does! How can you get such a deal? Click here and a flyer tells you how!
Tough Game Last Week Coach. While the Nevada Wolf Pack didn’t make it into the “Win” column last Saturday at Wyoming, the stage is still set for their game against the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors this Saturday. Two days later – that’s this Monday, October 26 – Wolfpack Coach Brian Polian will be holding his weekly Blitz Lunch in our Valley Ballroom and all Pack fans are invited to attend. If you have been to one of these luncheons you know they’re pretty informal, always informative, and certainly affordable at just $17. Coach usually brings one of the key players and always brings some “behind the scenes” explanations of the game film he shares with the audience. No reservations are necessary, just show up when we start gathering at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is buffet style and Coach’s presentation immediately follows lunch.
CV Steak Garners Quite a Nice Review! Local resident Michele Armstrong publishes a blog under the title Small Town Living in Nevada and she paid us a visit in CV Steak last week. Follow her story about enjoying our Escargot, 14 oz. Rib Eye Steak, Surf N Turf, Nevada Grill and all the trimmings!
Burger Wars: Vote once each day thru this Thursday (that’s tomorrow!) in the 2015 Burger Wars poll being conducted by carsonvalleytimes.com. The Volcano is our entry from the Jackpot Café in Sharkeys Casino. This is the way to go if you’re looking for the good old-fashioned cowboy spicy hot taste in a burger. The Gourmet Burger is served in CV Steak and it comes in two versions: The French Disaster and The American Disaster. You can read all about them and cast your vote on this page.
Disney Characters Run Amok in the CVI Valley Ballroom! What is this . . . a sensationalist headline from The Enquirer? Well, there's some sensationalism and a lot of truth because it pretty well describes what you'll see Saturday night in our Valley Ballroom when the 15th Annual Bunko for Breast Cancer kicks in right around 6 PM. Carson Tahoe Cancer Resource Center is the beneficiary as over 200 costumed and boisterous enthusiasts play bunco, scream, party and generally push the limits of sanity. The event is graciously organized and enthusiastically run by the many volunteers at the Minden GE plant. It’s still not too late to get involved in the evening’s play . . . call Sheila at 775 215-1626 or Pamela at 775-215-1001.
Share Your Christmas: Christmas . . . already?! Don’t act surprised – it’s already happening in many stores. We can’t escape it, so join in by grabbing your phone, tablet or paper calendar and marking Friday, December 11 for the annual KTVN 22nd Annual Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive.
Race and Sports Book:
- This week you can watch and bet Horseracing, Major League Baseball playoff games, NFL and College Football, and Sunday’s NASCAR CAMPINGWORLD.COM 500 At Talladega Speedway.
- The PRO PK’EM jackpot is up to $3,495 on this week’s progressive parlay card. Remember, pick all the games straight up and you win!
- Games our sports book crew is following with interest this weekend (in addition to our “local” teams): Cal vs. UCLA Thursday, Utah vs. USC Saturday, and Patriots vs. Jets and Cowboys vs. Giants on Sunday.
|The Blues Monsters|
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! George Pickard performs tonight; entertainment takes a night off on Thursday so we can show the 49ers - Seahawks game. The Blues Monsters are in Friday and Saturday nights, NFL Football is on Sunday and Monday Nights and Jonathan "JB" Barton appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. The Blues Monsters are a red-hot rockin' blues band performing a powerfully unique combination of R&B, funk, jazz, and Chicago-style blues – this one is a "don't miss." Whether paying respects to the masters of traditional blues, or rockin' out other tunes, The Blues Monsters get the whole house up and dancing! The Forty Niners and Seahawks are struggling NFL teams and, believe it or not, the winner is guaranteed at least a tie for 2nd in the NFC West Division.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Mike’s Horses: Good results for Mike at Santa Anita last Sunday! Pretty N Cool won the Matron Stakes with Martin Garcia on board and Victor Espinoza rode Toews On Ice to first place in the Speakeasy Stakes and Five Palms to 2nd in Race # 8.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive a Free Breast Cancer Awareness Bracelet & Magnet and ladies-only drink specials and there are Halloween Wine & Country Gift Baskets for the hot seat prizes tonight. Also just for October: Earn just 50 points during Ladies Night and receive a free ladies shirt plus you keep the points! Tonight’s free shirt is a long sleeve pink t-shirt.
- Game Tips Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Elk Game Tips - sautéed and finished with a brandy apple mushroom risotto for $25.00. Saturday night its Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Because we feel like mentioning it:
- Today is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day and we have fresh-made (in our bakery) pumpkin cheesecake for sale – either whole cheesecakes at the Katie's bakery counter or by the slice in Katie’s Restaurant. Today is also Babbling Day – a celebration day for those who communicate with a glib tongue. Just don’t talk while your mouth is full of cheesecake!
- Tomorrow is National Nut Day which can go two ways; a day to honor all of the nutty people in the world or a day to celebrate nutritious and healthy nuts (food) of all kinds.
- Sunday is Mother-In-Law Day. Let us know how many cards you find in Walgreens or Raley's for Mother-In-Law Day! Turns out that Sunday is also World Pasta Day. Perhaps take your mother-in-law out for a pasta dinner? Conveniently, we just happen to feature a Spaghetti and Meatballs special on Sundays in The Jackpot Café at Sharkey’s!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!