|Hmmm, some of the Sushi was eaten by the time |
Ana Vee took this picture!
Sushi Nights in CV Steak! We kicked this off to a soft opening last week and based on the sales and what we have heard, looks like we have a winner. CV Steak is now offering a special Sushi Plate on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights that includes all of the following: 3 pieces each of Ahi Tuna Sashimi, Yellow Tail Hamachi Sashimi, Philly Roll (smoked salmon, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cucumber and green onions), California Roll (crab Kanikami, avocado, cucumber and Tobiko), Caterpillar Roll (Unagi eel, avocado, cucumber and sweet unagi sauce) and Spicy Tuna Roll (ahi tuna, Hamachi yellow tail tuna, cucumber and CV Steak spicy sauce) plus Miso Soup, Wakame seaweed salad, ginger, wasabi and soy sauce . . . all for only $24! And as those infomercials always say, “But Wait, There’s More!” On Thursday nights, this special is offered for just $20! We don’t have an unlimited supply of sushi each night so we suggest you come early and give it a try!
|Penny Progressive tops $70k, Climbing Quickly|
It’s Getting More Difficult to Take This Picture! Our Penny Progressive Jackpot climbed over $70,000 yesterday – the higher it goes, the more people who play and the faster it continues to grow and . . . it makes it more difficult to find an empty machine to take a picture! Remember, this jackpot can only “hit” here at the CVI!
|Free Patriotic Concert this Sunday in TJ's Corral|
Air National Guard Band Concert this Sunday: We take a break from the regular concert lineup in TJ’s Corral this weekend to proudly present a Free Patriotic Concert by the 562nd Air National Guard Band of the West Coast. Here’s some information you’ll find helpful to best enjoy this free concert: We’ll have plenty of chairs set up in TJ’s Corral – seating is on a first-come basis. Also feel free to bring blankets if you’d like to sit on the grass area. Please leave your pets, lawn chairs and drones at home. We’re not serving any food, but there will be a bar for purchasing cold beverages. The concert kicks off at 6 PM when The Patriots in Blue Jazz Ensemble will perform. After a brief break, the entire Air National Guard Band of the West Coast Concert Band will bring the evening to a crescendo. And after this concert, it’s time to get your tickets for these additional 2016 Concerts in TJ’s Corral: Clay Walker, The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards, The Eli Young Band and Randy Houser!
In the Casino This Week:
- Grand Finale Giveaways Thursday: If you’ve been following our $100,000 Guaranteed Giveaways Promotion during May and June, you probably already know the Grand Prize Drawings are this Thursday at 6 & 8PM with the chance to win up to $2,500! This probably goes without saying, but it is a blog so we can say whatever we want: if you’re not here, you have zero chance to win any amount!
- 5X Points Saturday: Every Saturday during July INN Club members earn 5X Points all day! So, be sure to use your INN Club card and quintuple the point value of your play!
- Ladies-Only Poker Tournament Sunday: Our monthly Ladies-only Poker Tournament is Sunday evening with the usual, and the always unexpected, fun and a few surprises. Refresher lessons start at 3 PM and tournament play starts at 4 PM. Check with the poker folks for all the details and any special tips on how you can increase your odds.
- Free Cash Bounce Back Sunday/Monday: Slot players, here’s an easy way to get a cash bonus during July - earn just 50 points this Sunday and swipe at the casino kiosk for your Cash Bounce Back coupon. Then, come back on Monday and redeem it for the free cash amount indicated on the coupon!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, WNBA, Soccer, tonight's deciding game of the NCAA College World Series and Saturday’s Coke Zero 400 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Race at Daytona International Speedway. Golf fans can also wager on who will win the upcoming British Open.
Blood Drive This Friday: The annual CVI Driving for Donors All American Hero Blood Drive is Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the parking lot between the Casino/Hotel and the entrance to the RV Resort. Please try to donate if you are able. United Blood Services makes it easy to schedule your appointment on line . . . or call them at 1-800-696-4484.
|Three Nights of California Cowboys - Free in our Cabaret Lounge!|
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: Jonathon “JB” Barton entertains tonight and The California Cowboys take the stage Thursday through Saturday R. W. Smith and the California Cowboys deliver a powerful sound, with the clear punch of tight three-part harmonies. Lead singer and songwriter, R.W. dances and jokes with the audience while delivering top billing entertainment. Together with drummer Hal Atkinson, guitar player Gary Potterton (producer of “Grandma got run over by a Reindeer”), and bass player Cary Atkinson; these fine musicians form one of California’s most successful country-western bands. The group has appeared on concert billings with such country favorites as Alabama, Big & Rich, Dwight Yoakam, Merle Haggard, Clint Black, George Jones, Joe Diffe, Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, The Bellamy Brothers, Restless Heart, Travis Tritt, Doug Stone, Alan Jackson, George Strait, and many other country stars. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- To Make a Hotel Reservation: You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
- Dining at the Inn:
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Braised Buffalo Short Ribs for $29. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!